For the Greater Good in 2015:
The Haddonfield Foundation Awards
$22,700 in Grants to 8 Non-Profits
Haddonfield – In 2015 The Haddonfield Foundation awarded $22,700 in grants to eight worthy non-profit organizations as part of their mission to support worthwhile projects in their community. The grants were made possible through the generous charitable gifts from town residents to the Foundation, a local community foundation. The Foundation has provided similar funding and support to over 100 local organizations and projects since 1983. Residents know that contributions made to this philanthropic organization are the best way to increase the impact of their charitable giving and promote the common good.
“As we have always heard, it's the little things that count and the Foundation has proudly
helped fund almost every meaningful piece of this community that we enjoy,” said Haddonfield
Foundation board member and former Haddonfield Mayor Tish Colombi.
The eight grant recipients for 2015 were:
- Haddonfield Pick Up Band: $500 to purchase storage boxes for the band’s library of sheet music
- The Indian King Tavern Town Criers: $1500 to provide appropriate period attire to be worn by the town criers as they publicize events at the Indian King Tavern and other local events
- The Haddonfield Cultural Events Commission/First Night 2016: $2000 for the First Night event
- Historical Society of Haddonfield: $5000 for seed money to partially fund a consultant to plan and undertake the capital campaign for a new archives center
- Haddonfield Memorial High School PTA: $1000 to help pay expenses of Project Graduation to provide an alcohol free and drug free celebration for seniors on their graduation night
- Haddonfield Community Calendar: $1500 as a sponsor of the Calendar
- Haddonfield Outdoor Sculpture Trust: $1200 to cover fees and insurance to bring two additional sculptures to be displayed in town for one year
- Markeim Art Center: A grant of $10,000 to be matched by Markeim to assist in replacing inefficient windows, HVAC and lighting
Typical of the responses the Haddonfield Foundation has received for its support is this one regarding First Night:
"As part of a strong and committed community we are grateful for the support from the Haddonfield
Foundation so that all families and individuals can enjoy this wonderful evening at a reasonable cost."
said Jack Tarditi, President of the Haddonfield Cultural Events Commission.
For more than 25 years, The Haddonfield Foundation has fostered charitable giving for public purposes within the Borough of Haddonfield and among its citizenry to promote, maintain, and enhance the quality of life. The Foundation has granted over $1,000,000 since its beginning. The Foundation is now affiliated with the Community Foundation of South Jersey which offers back-office services, investment oversight, and planned giving support.